Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Long intervalls

Every Tuesday, I run long intervals with other runners from the athletic club, Heleneholms IF, that I joined last December. I really enjoy running with the other runners in the same club, they are really good and most of all, I appreciate how they try to communicate with me (since I am Deaf).

Anyways, we started warming up with approximately 15 minutes running. After that, we did some stretching. Then we started the interval series, which for today were minute intervals from 15->13->11->9->7->5->3->3->-3->1. The series from 15 to 7 would be run in marathon speed. 5 minute-interval would be run in half marathon speed. The last four in the series would be run in 10 km speed. I enjoyed it. In total, I ran 16 km including the warm-up. I averaged 4,44 km/m in the long intervals and 4,20 km/m in the last five ones. I didn't feel exhausted at all, but my legs were really sore after the intervals. Anyhow, I feel that I have become a bit faster since I joined the club in December and that I can keep on running faster in a steady pace over a longer period of time compared to about half a year ago.

After such a practice, I feel more and more certain that my goal of 1.30 for a halfmarathon and 3.15 for a marathon is not that far away to reach.

Keep on running, folks!

2 comments:

  1. intervals are great, but be careful not to over do them. a 2:26 marathoner friend of mine once said, "you can't shoot a canon from a canoe". in other words, make sure you have the base b4 jumping on the intervals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree! I prefer long intervals so that we can run in a satisfying tempo without overdoing it.

    ReplyDelete