Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Copenhagen Powerade Halfmarathon

Today I participated in the halfmarathon race in Copenhagen. It was actually nothing I had planned beforehand. I just decided to run the race after my friend got hurt and wanted someone to take his place. So I did. I got to know this last week, just when I started the Nike challenge. I decided to still get through with the challenge as I will also run the race. Even if I ran 70 km this week before this race, which is about 40 km more than the previous halfmarathon I participated in last June, I finished the race in 1:48:17. My personal record is 1:46:38.

I actually think I could have done better. However, the same thing happened in the race as in Copenhagen Marathon last May. Which thing you may wonder? I got my one-period-once-a-month for this race. It is nothing I can control. Women got their stupid-assed periods and we can't control our periods after a race. It is impossible. Anyways, the same thing that happened in Copenhagen Marathon, like this time, was that I got pains in my stomach in the middle of this race. The pains made it a struggle for a few kilometers to get through, then they just stopped. For a while there, I felt nauseous, but with my strong mentality I just tried to get off the mind of the feeling and succeeded.

The rest of the race went through much easier once the pains stopped, but I just couldn't try to keep up my pace. In all, I'm pretty satisfied. I know for sure that next time I will participate in a half marathon, marathon or ultra race, I will not run as much as I did this week. As for the period thing, it is nothing I can control. I can just hope that I will be lucky next time so that I won't get my period.

1 comment:

  1. hallo, I read about your race.. can you give me the official site of the copenhagen half marathon?
    thanks!
    good luck for your next race!

    ReplyDelete