Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

The results of the Nike Challenge

YES! My team won the Nike Challenge and I came third place overall in the entire challenge. Not too bad, right?!? So now I'll get my own design of Nike LunarGlide+2! Plus a T-shirt as well as a running jacket.

Anyways, it hasn't been too much running last week. I don't know why, but the main reason was that I was too tired. I had too much things to do and I've been running far too much since the start of the Nike Challenge. Everything was just about running. It was a great experience, but in the end, my body didn't have the energy to keep on running as much as by the beginning of the challenge. In a way, it was good because I got 4 days of resting. I just had to. It almost drove me to nuts, but when I finally went running again last Saturday, it was as if I had found my best friend again.

Next challenge is the ultra race on October 23rd. With a distance of 50k, we are about 100 runners who will run trail ultra running race called Markusloppet. It's gonna be a different experience!

A few months ago I planned on joining the Honolulu Marathon this December, but now I've decided to postpone the plan until next year. Instead of running the marathon, I will maybe register myself for the Bromölla Marathon (a small marathon in a small city in the east of Skåne, southern Sweden) on November 14th. It's gonna be a different experience running a marathon in the cold winter weather. Thank God southern Sweden don't have snow until the end of December. However, who knows- maybe we will this year?!?

Keep on running!

3 comments:

  1. You certainly earned a few days off.
    They were a few epic running weeks.
    Mighty effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!
    I've just about decided to do my first real competition (victorialoppet at age 7 doesn't count) and sign up for Heleneholm's Half-marathon next spring.

    Good luck with the ultra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on the challange. Be sure to get adequate rest before you drop the hammer on yourself again. good luck on your marathon, snow or no snow!

    ReplyDelete