Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Great running practice!

My food after a hard but great run with several intervals with a group of runners in Lund. This was my second time running with them and I really enjoyed it. I was not the fastest runner in the group, but I was surely one of the most assiduous runners. We ran 10,6 km in total, including the intervals.

Oh, and by the way- I bought Garmin Forerunner 305 today but I haven't tested it yet. I will do it first thing tomorrow morning. Exciting to see how much my running average pulse is, in both persistent long distance running and speedy but shorter distances.

After reading a book by Jonas Colting, I'm planning on trying power yoga and see if it is something for me. According to Colting and several other runners, and other athletes as well, yoga is a great complement to running.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere...I look forward to hearing about all your pursuits. Keep it real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow sounds like your gonna do great in the nike challenge! just make sure you dont get injured ramping up the mileage! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Workouts where you're not the fastest are the best. Keep it up and, like Ian said, stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey how are you ! Im trying Bikram Yoga w/ a friend in the next few weeks for the same reason....apparently the heat and stretch renews the legs..we'll see!

    ReplyDelete